Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Great Clay Escape 2009

Last weekend was "The Great Clay Escape." My girlfriends and I had so much fun. Cathy Johnston was our special guest, teaching us a couple of classes, her necklace purse and mini book. This was the one of the best classes I've had in a while. Cathy showed us book making and an easy transfer technique. The necklace purse has compartments inside to hold credit cards, drivers license and a couple of folded dollar bills. This is going to be really handy, imagine shopping without a large purse. Check out my finished projects below. All of us had a wonderful weekend. The weather was perfect, allowing us to have lunch on the deck both days. If you want to see more pictures of our weekend, they are located here: http://picasaweb.google.com/HelenMHughes/TheGreatClayEscape2009#

Turtle Necklace Purse

Miniature Book


The memories of last weekend are not far from my mind as I sit here creating sculptures for my upcoming shows. I have several shows coming in the next months. The first of which is next week. Pumpkins and halloween sculptures are all around me. Those little pumpkins do get to me and so enjoyable to make.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

That purse seems like a great idea. You did a beautiful job. I love your little Halloween sculptures too.